For the last few years USU Extension has partnered with Red Butte Garden to bring a FREE lecture series, on unique and up-and-coming horticulture topics, to the public. We are happy to announce its back for 2016!
These hour long lectures (6:30-7:30 PM) are held at Red Butte Garden on the third Monday of the month each growing season (May-September). Seating is limited, so we ask you to please register to ensure we have enough materials for all those attending. Signing up is easy, just follow the links below!
- May 16th – Broadening the Research Mission of the Conservation Department at Red Butte Garden presented by Bruce Pavlik of Red Butte Garden
- June 20th– Promoting Managed Pollinator Health Along the Wasatch Front presented by Joey Caputo of the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (UDAF)
- July 18th – Organic Weed Control presented by Katie Wagner of USU Extension Salt Lake County
- August 15th– Rain Water Harvesting for the Urban Landscape presented by Ellen Bailey of USU Extension Water Quality
- September 19th– Localscapes- Landscape Design Made Simple presented by Cynthia Bee of the Jordan Valley Conservation Garden Park